Nadeshicon Idol is a singing competition. Participants present a Japanese song of their choice in front of a jury to win the competition.
Would you like to participate?
Follow us on Facebook to find out when this year’s rules will be available.
See last year's rules
- The participant must sing alone; groups are not accepted.
- The lyrics of the chosen song must be mostly in Japanese and must be memorized.
- Any performance must not last more than 6 minutes.
- The participant must provide a CD or USB key with his / her song in a format readable by a laptop. The song should be in a karaoke version (preferably official) and should not have been retouched. It’s best if it’s the one and only track on the CD or USB key and it is well identified. (Any loss, breakage or theft of a CD or USB key is not the responsibility of the Nadeshicon Idol staff.)
- Only the stage performance will be judged. Any costume, although allowed, will not give additional points.
- Any professional singer who wishes to participate in the contest must have the authorization of his manager.
- The auditions will take place on Sunday morning at Nadeshicon, between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m.
- No applications will be accepted once the audition period is over.
- The registration form will have to be completed at the time of the auditions.
- Each participant will have to provide their song on a well identified CD or USB key.
- Each participant will have to perform a verse and a chorus of his song in order to be evaluated.
- A determined number of participants will be selected for the final, depending on the turnout.
- The results will be published at the Nadeshicon information booth a few minutes after the end of the auditions.
- The selected participants must be present during the sound test before the show. The time of the sound test will be announced at the audition.
Each participant will be invited to perform on stage. The order of performance will be drawn. The evaluation criteria will be:
- Vocal talent
- Memorized lyrics
- Behavior on stage
- Level of difficulty of the song / originality
- Personal choice of judges