Nadeshicon Idol is a singing competition. Participants present a Japanese song of their choice in front of a jury to win the competition.
Would you like to participate?
Auditions will take place on Sunday morning at 10 o’clock.
See the rules
- Participants must sing alone; groups are not allowed.
- The song’s lyrics must primarily be in Japanese and must be memorized.
- Performance cannot exceed 6 minutes in length.
- Participants must provide the song in a format appropriate for a laptop on a USB flash drive. The song has to be a karaoke version (official if possible). It is recommended for the song to be the only file on the flash drive, and for it to be named in such a way as to avoid any confusion. (Nadeshicon and the Nadeshicon Idol staff bear no responsibility for any loss, theft or damage to the flash drive provided.)
- Only the performance on stage will be subject to judging. Any costume, while allowed, won’t award a better score.
- Any professional singer wishing to perform during the contest must be granted authorization by their manager.
- Any participant under the age of 14 years old must also provide the filled parent consent form in order to enter the contest.
- Auditions will be held between 10:00 and 12:00 a.m. on the Sunday of Nadeshicon.
- No applications will be accepted after the auditions are over.
- Participants will have to fill a registration form during auditions.
- Participants will have to provide the desired song on a well-identified USB flash drive.
- Participants will have to perform a verse and a refrain from their song in order to be evaluated.
- A certain number of participants, to be determined depending on the total number of entries, will be selected to perform in the finale.
- Results will be made available at the information desk of Nadeshicon an hour after auditions are over.
- Selected participants are required to take part in the sound check prior to the show. The time at which said sound check will be held will be provided alongside the audition results.
Participants will be asked to perform on stage. The order in which performances will be held will be determined randomly. Here are the evaluation criterias :
- Vocal range
- Voice pitch
- Note accuracy
- Rhythmic accuracy
- Vocal technique
- Memorized lyrics
- Stage presence
- Song difficulty
You can print the form in advance to complete it and bring it when registering at the convention.